Tuesday 22 March 2016

SUCCESS - is it luck? or very good planning?

I spent yesterday and all morning today, trying to find the links to the following notes, so that I could properly attribute them to the source, I have looked at all types of articles, in LinkedIn; Facebook; Twitter; Skift Reports; ETN reports; I have had no joy at all.
I shall therefore indicate that these are thoughts from others, not mine and if you recognise the content, let me know and I shall confirm the source.
SUCCESS - is it luck? or very good planning?
1. Be mindful about location - if something is going on in your business sector - then go there, - if not, don't go - no point in wasting time being there.
2. We are all brands; make sure people know about you & your successes - i.e. 'have you checked out my company'?; 'have you followed me on facebook'?; 'have you signed up for my awesome daily email'?; etc..
3. Know the right people - go out of your way to meet them - more important, find ways to help them.
4. Take opportunities - if there is a 'crisis' - you have an opportunity to resolve it.
5. Be optimistic - perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
6. Make a habit of listening - be empathetic - care what others have to say.
7. Be a lifelong learner - you don't have to know everything - only know where to go for it.
8. Show up for the party - you have to be in it to win it.
9. Focus - not just on the right things - but also on the main things.
10. Diversify - it helps to foresee changes if you have a knowledge of different things & changes, it will help to deal with many different outcomes.
11. Have friends in the right places - be polite; conscientious & work hard to maintain relationships.
12. Have faith - be willing to take leaps.
13. Make sure the numbers add up - do the maths ahead of time.
14. Be an active listener - learn to be sceptical - without being cynical.
15. Be able to 'reason' - practice empathy & strive to be in others shoes.
16. Learn to ignore things that don't matter, know what you can't change.
17. Learn to set goals - review them - focus on achieving them - to find success.
Well that's it for the time being, I will continue to keep alert for other nuggets, I will also remember to take a note of the source in future, it saves a lot of headaches, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment